Want extra credit? Here’s a forces word search. 10 points. Due Friday, November 2nd.
Assigned Wednesday, October 23rd, 2018
Due Tuesday, October 30th, 2018
Assigned Friday, September 28th, 2018.
Due: Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018
Homework #1 for the 2018/2019 is here. Make sure you get your syllabus signed by your parent/guardian.
Forgot your syllabus at school? Download a copy from the link below and print it at home!
Want to help out? Here is a list of items that Mr. Roberts could really use for his 8th grade science classroom. Links to suggested purchases are provided where possible.
- Fly Trap. We have a fly problem in the room. I believe this would be the best solution for our room.
- Scissors. Preferably adult-style. ( Two sets received. Still need another 1 or 2)
- Tape, Scotch
- Costco Scotch Transparent Tape 3/4″ x 1000″ Clear, 24-count $42.99
- Costco 3M Scotch Magic Tape, 12-count $24.99
- Amazon.com Scotch Magic Tape, Engineered for Office and Home Use, Versatile, 3/4 x 1000 Inches, Boxed, 12 Rolls (810K12) $20.00
- Amazon.com Scotch Brand Magic Tape, 3/4 x 1000 Inches, Boxed, 24 Rolls (810K24) $35.00
- Tape, Masking
- Colored Paper or Cardstock, Astrobrights, Ream. Amazon or Office Depot usually have the best deals (Approximately $10/ream). Pick your favorite color and donate a ream or two!
- Link to Astrobrights Cardstock on Amazon.
- Link to Astrobrights Colored Paper on Amazon.
Color Colored Paper Cardstock 65lb Blast Off Blue 1 Ream 2 Reams Celestial Blue 1 Ream 2 Reams Cosmic Orange 1 Ream 2 Reams Fireball Fuchsia 1 Ream 2 Reams Galaxy Gold 1 Ream 2 Reams Gamma Green 1 Ream 2 Reams Gravity Grape 1 Ream 2 Reams Lift-Off Lemon 1 Ream 2 Reams Martian Green 1 Ream 2 Reams Outrageous Orchid 1 Ream 2 Reams Orbit Orange 1 Ream 2 Reams Pulsar Pink 1 Ream 2 Reams Re-Entry Red 1 Ream 2 Reams Solar Yellow 1 Ream 1 Donated
1 still needed
Terra Green 1 Ream 2 Reams Venus Violet 1 Ream 2 Reams Vulcan Green 1 Ream 2 Reams White 10 reams
- Wrapping paper cores.
- Old iPhones (iPhone 4 or better please. Broken screens are OK).
- USB Mice.
- Mouse Pads.
- Hot Wheels Cars, Track, and Accessories. Used or New
- Record Player.
- Reel-To-Reel Player.
- 8-Track Deck
- Gift cards for classroom supplies
- Home Depot
X-Acto School Pro Electric Pencil Sharpener $24.95Donated. Thank You! Crayola Colored Pencils Bulk, 240 Count Classpack, 12 Assorted Colors $34.98Already donated. Thank You! QBall Throwable Microphone $179.00. **MOST WANTED ITEM** Mr. Roberts teaches with a microphone because students under fifteen need sounds to be 300% louder than background noise to fully hear what someone is saying. Students can have the same advantage when they speak in class using Q-Ball, a throwable microphone that engages students mentally and physically!
Contribute online here. https://www.pledgecents.com/cause/hkfcmr/diving-into-learning-with-qball Donated!Thanks to all 15 families who donated.
Commercial Paper Cutter. Ask your student, most papers that Mr. Roberts hands out are 1/2 or 1/4 sheets. That’s a lot of paper cutting. A new paper cutter will save Mr. Roberts a lot of time every day. Sharpie Markers, Fine Point, Black Amazon.com Sharpie 1884739 Permanent Markers Fine Point Black – 36 Pieces $23.43Thanks You! Donation received.
Markers Crayola Broad Line Markers Bulk, 256 Count Classpack $53.61Donated! Thank You!
What does an 8th grader learn about in science in California? Here are the highlights:
- How can changes in genes affect organisms?
- How do humans influence traits in organisms?
- Our fossil records
- Compare ancient and modern skeletons for changes
- How does natural selection work?
- Patterns of lunar phases, eclipses, and seasons
- The role of gravity in solar systems
- Determining the size of objects in space
- History of Earth
- Investigate rock strata to see how scientists organize Earth’s 4.6 billion-year-old history.
- Newton’s Laws
- Kinetic Energy
- Potential Energy
- Human Impact
- How do increases in population and per-capita consumption affect Earth?
- Engineering Design
- Design and test a solution to an engineering challenge