Anyone can be a scientist. In order to understand that, every week we learn a little about a new scientist. So far, our scientists of the week have been:
- Temple Grandin
- George Washington Carver
- Rachel Carson
- Albert Einstein
- Shirley Ann Jackson
- Lue Gim Gong
- Kalpana Chawla
- Mario Molina
- Marigold Linton
This week’s scientist of the week is Steven Chu. On Friday, each period will hear a short presentation by one of their classmates.
- Presentations should be done in Powerpoint or Google Slides
- Presentations should be 4-5 slides, and 3-5 minutes
- Share your presentation with Mr. Roberts
- Your presentation should include:
- Where and when the scientist was born ( & died if they are no longer living).
- Where they went to school.
- What was their field of study.
- What was their biggest or most well known work.
- How is that work relevant to us today.